2019 Berline Energy Transition DIalogue Media Fellowship for Journalists
Deadline: February 24, 2019.
On 9–10 April 2019, the German Government invites the world to the annual inspiring dialogue on the global energy transition, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (#betd2019). Every year, high-level participants from politics, industry, science and civil society gather in Berlin for two days to discuss the shift to a sustainable energy system. This year’s focus will be on:
• shifting geopolitics,
• integrated energy transition,
• structural change
• and digitalisation and blockchain.
This opportunity is for young journalists to report on the conference through various mediums and channels. Additionally, fellows will have the opportunities to share stories from their local context. Some issues that fellows may wish to report on include international energy transition, raising awareness about the opportunities of renewable energies, energy efficiency, and the Paris Climate Agreement.
1. Gain access to this exclusive conference,
2. Talk to high-level global energy stakeholders,
3. Connect with the other BETD Media Fellows and experience the energy transition hands-on with exclusive guided tours and side events during the Berlin Energy Week (8–12 April 2019).
4. They will cover travel costs including board and lodging.
1. Application open to Young journalists (freelance welcomed) who operate through newspapers, magazines, TV, Radio, or social media.
2. Journalist worldwide
Complete the online application form which includes
- A short essay of 250-300 words in English on why accelerating the energy transition is important to you and why you would like to join the 5th Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue as part of the conference media team
- Three samples of your work