2019 BBC Legal Graduate Training Scheme
Deadline: July 19, 2019.
The new BBC Legal Graduate Training Scheme is now open. They are offering four graduates who have also acquired the LPC the opportunity to work as part of the BBC’s extended legal team in order to undertake a period of recognised training that will result in you qualifying as a solicitor, and also allow you to experience working with the world’s leading public service broadcaster. It is your opportunity to be part of the team that provides the essential professional legal services which enable the BBC to enrich people’s lives with programmes and services.
1. They are looking for bright, commercially-aware, aspiring lawyers from all backgrounds who want to work in what we think is the world’s most exciting in-house environment.
2. You will be involved in a wide range of quality legal work from day one.
3. You will be closely supervised by lawyers who are experts in their individual fields, but you will also get a chance to work with business colleagues across the BBC, in different teams, and build your legal career as part of a large and supportive in-house team which makes business-critical contributions to the success of the BBC.
1. Applicants need to be able to demonstrate knowledge of and a commitment to the BBC and an understanding of the many areas of law that we deal with on an everyday basis. This includes not only commercial law, litigation, intellectual property, data protection, employment, and competition law, but also supporting all the varied legal needs of one of the creative sector’s biggest employers.
2. Over the course of your training you can also expect to gain experience of responding both to critical issues immediately and providing long-term business support, legal research, writing and drafting in transaction and contentious contexts, interviewing and advising, negotiation, oral presentation and communication.