2019 BA-TWAS-AAAS Regional Workshop on Science Diplomacy for young Arab scientists
Deadline: March 17, 2019.
The Bibliotheca Alexandrina (BA) through the Center for Special Studies and Programs (CSSP), The World Academy of Sciences for the Advancement of Science in Developing Countries’ Arab Regional Partner (TWAS-AREP) and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) are seeking candidates to participate in the regional workshop on science diplomacy for the Arab Region, that will be held on 17-21 June 2019 in Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt. The workshop is the second among a series of courses within specific regions, launched by AAAS and TWAS, to better address relevant regional science diplomacy issues.
1. This workshop is designed for young Arab scientists (below the age of 40) living and working in the Arab Region.
2. Applicant whose research and wider engagement have brought them into the international policy-making arena, as well as policymakers and diplomats interested in some of the central science-based themes that might influence their work, in addition to representatives from NGOs and other sectors working at the science-diplomacy interface.
3. Alumni will join a global network of young leaders and innovators reaching across borders to address societal challenges and become agents of change in their countries and sectors.
4. Special consideration will be given to applications from refugee young Arab scientists who come from countries suffering from war but may be living in other countries.
- Economy class flights, local transport and accommodation in Alexandria will be covered for selected participants; selected participants will have to cover their visa and travel insurance costs.
- A limited number of spaces for self-funded and partially-funded candidates will also be available. We encourage applicants to seek support from their institutions and to include a plan for how they will apply the newly gained knowledge and skills back in their organization.
The following documents are to be uploaded within the online application;
- Application form: Please download the application form, fill it and upload it to your online registration form.
- Supportive documents: Please upload one word document file that includes all the required supportive documents: Curriculum vitae with complete list of publications, Passport size photograph (Personal Photo); A copy of your passport, even if expired (Only the page with personal details is required) or a copy of your ID number (if you are an Egyptian citizen); Three reference letters that must be on headed paper and signed then scanned (to be added to the file as images); Supporting statement (on official headed paper) by the head/director of the applicant’s current employment, signed then scanned (to be added to the file as image); Scanned signature page of the application form (to be added to the file as image).