2019 AWEC Business Academy Program for African Women Entrepreneurs
The AWEC Business Academy is a cooperative learning experience designed for African women entrepreneurs seeking to develop specific business management skills in just one month. Business Academy courses are not your typical online courses. Our model provides the opportunity to learn by watching, doing, discussing, and reflecting.
AWEC Business Academy courses deliver a practical, interactive, applied, and collaborative learning experience.
- Practical: Activities allow learners to turn theoretical content into actionable guidance, developing a toolkit of skills to tackle the challenges presented in the road ahead with confidence
- Interactive: Live Q&A with the Session Leader and support from a team of Teaching Assistants provides a personal touch, ensuring that learners feel directly connected to both the content and the course
- Applied: Assignment push learners to immediately apply key concepts to their businesses or business concepts, resulting in a roadmap for business growth upon completion of the course
- Collaborative: Peer Sessions and Peer Reviews build a community amongst learners, emphasizing the importance of peer to peer learning and support in an effort to build a strong, diverse network of fellow women entrepreneurs
Their inaugural course, Creating an Entrepreneurial Culture will be taught by Dr. Sherif Kamel, Dean and Professor of Management at the School of Business at the American University in Cairo, and will take place from 1-30 November 2019. In this four-week program, current and aspiring entrepreneurs will learn how to create an entrepreneurial culture through a set of expert webinars and a series of practical activities, applied assignments, and collaborative peer interactions designed to turn business theory into an actionable plan for growth.
Learning objectives for this course include:
- Prepare for your entrepreneurial journey by defining the entrepreneurial mindset and planning for imminent challenges
- Define the skills needed to bring your idea to action by identifying your vision, analyzing your market, setting your objectives, and creating your network
- Build your ecosystem by understanding the stakeholders involved and processes needed to successfully execute your vision
- Be ready to adapt to changing market conditions and have the mindset to turn challenges into opportunities
The AWEC Business Academy is open to all current and aspiring African women entrepreneurs, including members of the diaspora. Registration for each course is limited to 150 learners.
If you have questions, please contact [email protected]