2019 Australia Awards – Africa Master’s Scholarship and Short Course Award
Deadline: December 3, 2018.
The Australia Awards – Africa is the cornerstone of the Australian Government’s development assistance program for Africa. It provides access to postgraduate education, training and professional development opportunities for suitably qualified Africans from eligible countries. On their return to the workplace, Australia Awards Alumni are expected to contribute to the development of their home countries.
To be considered for a Master’s Scholarship or Short Course Award, applicants must meet their country’s eligibility requirements. In general, the following requirements apply:
- Citizen of an eligible African country
- Minimum academic requirement: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Mid-level to senior-level professional, currently employed in a relevant field
- Meet relevant post-graduate work experience requirements
- Demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gained through the scholarship will be used to improve policy, practice or reform in their home country
- Satisfactory English proficiency to enable full participation in a training course delivered in English
- Satisfy all requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate student visa (subclass 500).
- The full costs of tuition fees for up to two years
- An economy class flight to and from Australia. Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- An approximate annual stipend of AUD30,000 to cover living expenses while on-Award in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), which covers basic medical costs
- A once-off Establishment Allowance of AUD5,000 to assist with the costs of starting life in Australia and commencing the course (e.g. course books and materials, rental deposits, household items, etc.)
- Awardees, whose families remain in their home country, may be entitled to a reunion airfare allowing them to travel home, midway through the course. This is only available to Awardees whose course is for two years or longer
- The full costs of tuition fees for the duration of the course
- Mobilisation travel from the home country to the course delivery location(s), and return to the home country Note: Excess baggage and travel insurance charges are not covered
- Visa expenses
- A modest per diem
- Medical insurance for the duration of the Short Course.