2019 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program
Deadline: September 15, 2019.
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the eighth edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sectors leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
As they believe that it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in policy making and in shaping narratives, PCNS encourages intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond, between leading experts, senior officials, and high-potential change-makers, through its Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders program (ADEL).
1. Emerging Leaders are required to attend the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program and Atlantic Dialogues conference. Therefore, you should be able and willing to travel to Marrakesh, Morocco to attend the convening from December 9th to 15th 2019;
2. Emerging Leaders are required to take part in ALL of the conference and program activities and willing to actively engage with the other participants;
3. Emerging Leaders are committed to act as ambassadors of the program and actively participate in the ADEL community after the end of the program;
4. As active stewards of the program, Emerging Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Policy Center for the New South post-event to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
To be considered for this program, candidates must meet all the below criteria:
1. Applicants must be between the ages of 23-35Years (inclusive) on July 15th, the day the applications for the program open.
2. Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Western Europe or the Caribbean – that is, citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin and on the African continent.
3. Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English.
4. Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 9th to 15th, in Marrakesh, Morocco. Please only apply if you can make yourself available.
1. For the 40 to 50 selected participants, PCNS will cover economy class airfare to and from Morocco.
2. In addition, local transportation, catering, and hotel accommodation, during the dates of the program and conference will be covered by the conference organizers.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
• Professional achievement and professional growth
• Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in community and/or profession
• Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
• Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
• Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders network
• Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through personal statement and 1 minute youtube video)