2020 Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship
Deadline: October 15, 2019.
The Aspen Institute’s New Voices Fellowship is a year-long media skills, communication and leadership program designed for standout development professionals from the developing world. Candidates for the Fellowship are expected to have both a record of significant professional achievement and a desire to share their perspectives on global development with a broader international audience. The Fellowship is open by nomination only.
1. They welcome candidates from any developing country.
2.They are looking for 15 Fellows who are development experts in fields such as food security, global health, development economics, health and human rights, mental health, and climate change.
3. They are also looking for 10 Fellows who are experts working on the frontlines of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
They pay all expenses for the fellowship, and often provide funds for Fellows to participate in media-related activities and conferences.
1. Ask someone to nominate you. This person could be a mentor, supervisor or professor. We ask that this person know you and your work well.
2. Aspen Institute will review your nomination. If you pass through the first round, we’ll be in touch with you directly, asking you to submit an application. This application involves two essays and a series of questions.
3. Once the New Voices team has reviewed applications, we will ask a small group of finalists to participate in an interview via Skype or phone. From this group, we will choose the final class of Fellows.