2019 ASEM DUO-Sweden Fellowship Program
Deadline: May 23, 2019.
DUO-Sweden Fellowship Program was established in 2010 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Sweden and 21 Asian countries* on a balanced basis. In this respect, DUO-Sweden requires that a PAIR (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
DUO-Sweden 2019/2020 is for exchange projects, which will start from August 2019 and end before September 2020 to avoid duplication of the implementation period of exchange projects selected by DUO-Sweden in the ensuing years. The selection of DUO-Sweden 2019/2020 is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning to exchange in Spring Semester of 2020 (January-August 2020) shall apply for DUO-Sweden 2019/2020.
Due to this unique nature of this program, in order to be eligible, the following are required:
Your exchange fulfills all three requirements below:
1. An educational institution in Sweden (home institution) and an educational institution in Asia (host institution) have established an academic cooperative arrangement/inter-institutional agreement; and
2. The Swedish home institution has selected an EU national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the Asian host institution, and such selection has been accepted by the Asian host institution; and
3. The same Asian host institution has selected an Asian student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Swedish home institution, and such selection has been accepted by the same Swedish home institution.
4. Eligible countries: Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, Myanmar, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, the Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Sweden, Thailand and Vietnam.
The amount of fellowships is standardized as follows:
- 3,500 Euros for Asian student and 3,500 Euros for Swedish students in a pair, in a high-income country.
- For Middle and Low-income countries, the Asian student gets 4,000 Euros and the Swedish student gets 3,000 Euros.
1. Filling out an Online Application Form ONLY
2. A Copy of Cooperation Agreement (or Memorandum Of Understanding for cooperation) between paired institutionsOR declaration of intention to set up new cooperation agreement, signed by Head of Swedish Higher Education Institution by uploading to the website with scanned files
3. A copy of Passport of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files
4. A copy of Transcript of paired applicants by uploading to the website with scanned files (should include the grades until fall semester 2018).