2019 ARNOVA’s NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (LTFP) In Africa
Deadline: March 25, 2019.
ARNOVA and AROCSA, in partnership with the Ford Foundation, have established the NGO Leadership Transition Fellowship Program (LTFP) in Africa. This program is intended for senior civil society/NGO leaders who are contemplating or have decided to move on from their existing NGO. This program seeks to help that leader develop a succession plan within the organization, contemplate a personal transition plan and also preserve their knowledge and experience.
I. Executive Director of an NGO in Africa, and from Africa that is seeking to transition away from their NGO in the next 2-3 years
II. Approval from the board to take a sabbatical from work from September – November 2019
III. Eligible to receive a J1 visa to the United States. Once an offer is made, participation may not be deferred
IV. Medical fitness certified by qualified medical doctor
* If you know someone that would fit the eligibility profile and would make an excellent candidate for
this position, please send your nomination and contact information to the AROCSA Coordinator, Anastesia Okaomee at email@example.com, and we will provide them with an application.
I. Stipend: $9,000 covering living support for the three months during the fall semester at a US university
II. Housing: one single furnished bedroom in a 4-bedroom apartment shared with three other fellows for three months in Indianapolis
III. Health insurance through Indiana University for three months in Indianapolis
IV. SEVIS fee
V. Economy class return ticket from home country to the US for the semester at Indiana University in Indianapolis
VI. Up to $1000 travel funds to attend the AROCSA conference in July 2020 and closing retreat
VII. Costs related to attending the opening retreat in the program
VIII. Costs related to attending the 2019 ARNOVA North American annual conference.
Applicants are required to apply for the Fellowship through the electronic application below. Applications must include the following:
- Completed electronic application forms
- Copy of current passport (if you have a need or questions regarding children under the age of 18 or dependant/spouse, please contact the AROCSA Coordinator, Anastesia Okaomee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once selected, current passports for approved additional visitors would be needed immediately for timely visa processing)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation (including one from the NGO Board Chair indicating that the board is aware and approves of the applicant’s participation in the fellowship)
- A 3-5 page (double space, 12pt font with one inch margins) personal statement that includes, but not limited to, the reason for participating in the fellowship and anticipated fellowship objectives that the applicant seeks to achieve.