2019 AMIDEAST Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme (IPSP)
Deadline: March 14, 2019.
The Representative Office of Ireland in Palestine is now accepting applications for the newly-created Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme (IPSP), which offers full scholarships for postgraduate study in Ireland for the 2019-2020 academic year.
The IPSP is part of Ireland’s programme of assistance for Palestine, which supports the search for a lasting and just political solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. This programme reflects Ireland’s longstanding commitment to the development of a viable, sovereign Palestinian state, as part of a two-state solution. Development of the education sector in Palestine has been a long-standing focus area for Ireland in Palestine. The IPSP aims to further broaden Ireland’s support for educational opportunities available to Palestinians.
In order to be eligible for the IPSP, candidates must be:
- a Palestinian resident of the occupied Palestinian territory;
- have identified and selected two relevant courses from the Ireland-Palestine Scholarship Programme Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses (see below);
- hold a Bachelor’s level qualification from an accredited institution with a minimum grade point average of 75% or 2.67 (or equivalent standard);
- have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted onto their chosen Master’s degree course in a higher education institution in Ireland (refer to the rough table of equivalency in the Ireland-Palestine Directory of Postgraduate Courses);
- be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for a course they have already commenced or which will begin before scholarship awards have been notified;
- not already hold a qualification at Master’s degree level or higher;
- be able to take up the scholarship in the academic year 2019/2020;
- submit with their application a valid English language proficiency score report with a minimum score of 6.5 on IELTS, or 550 on Institutional Testing Program (ITP), or 80 on Internet-based TOEFL (iBT).
- Application form can be downloaded by clicking HERE.
- IPSP Directory of Eligible Postgraduate Courses can be downloaded by clicking HERE.