2019 Altemus Leadership Program (ALP)
Deadline: April 21, 2019.
The Altemus Leadership Program (ALP) equips young people, particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds, with the self-awareness and leadership skills they need for their life journey. It increases their self-esteem, self-confidence, resilience, adaptability, openness and conscientiousness.
The ALP is comprised of 2 separate trainings:
- Self Leadership (self-awareness, visioning, goal-setting, action planning, healthy lifestyle and stress management)
- Leading Others (teamwork, problem-solving, communication and ethics)
The program is highly interactive and participatory. It combines in-classroom and outdoor experiential learning. Its methodology includes presentations, psychometric tests, group work, case studies, discussions, reflection periods, journaling, role-playing, games, meetings with role-model leaders, and one-on-one coaching.
To be eligible for Leading From Within, you must:
1a) Be a citizen/ permanent resident of a developing country and hold a valid visa for the EU.
b) Be a citizen/ permanent resident of a member state of the European Union ( Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and the UK).
c) A national of Argentina, Brazil, Croatia, Holy See (Vatican), Georgia, Japan, Malta, Republic of North Macedonia, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, and Ukraine.
d) A citizen of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Albania, Armenia, or India.
2. Be 20-30 years old.
3. Be proficient in English.
4. Be in good health (physical and mental). For those who chose to go on the Camino, be capable of walking 5-8 hours/day on flat or hilly terrain with an 8 kg backpack.
- An international, multidisciplinary team of professional trainers, facilitators and coaches
- An innovative curriculum designed with the input of young people
- Small class size
- Frequent, timely and honest performance feedback, debriefs that draw out and link lessons learned to participants’ lives back home
- Beautiful training site in nature and supportive environment, ideal for self-reflection, experimentation and planning
- Networking with like-minded peers
- Immediate and direct applicability to home communities
- Access to an international network of alumni