2019 Akina Mama wa Afrika African Women’s Leadership Institute Program for Uganda Women
Deadline: July 31, 2019.
Akina Mama wa Afrika (AMwA) with support from UN Women Uganda invites applications from young women leaders for the Young Women in Leadership and Mentorship Programme, a Feminist and Transformational Leadership programme to be held under the auspices of the African Women’s Leadership Institute (AWLI). The AWLI is a space for catalyzing and nurturing feminist and transformational leaders to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment on the African continent and beyond.
1. Applications are therefore invited from women leaders aged between 18-40 based in Uganda, who have exemplified leadership in their organizations, communities and or have stood for elective office.
2. The programme encompasses a mandatory five (5) day residential training and a one-year mentorship to which applicants should be fully committed.
3. Applicants must be enthusiastic about implementing a social action project in their community.
4. The residential training will be held from the 25th – 30th August 2019, in Kampala, Uganda.
1. Applicants are also required to prepare insightful articles (minimum 600 words) on the theme: Advancing Women’s Rights in Uganda to be submitted at the time of application.
2. Articles can focus on the theme from a personal or organisational stand-point and will be developed for publication afterwards. We are inviting critical analyses and referenced articles; case studies, opinion pieces; poems; vlogs; video stories; photo essays; cartoons; and more.
3. How to apply: An application form is available at this link.