2019 AILCD International Student Design Competition
Deadline: November 1, 2019.
The NPO Asian Institute of Low Carbon Design (AILCD) is pleased to invite students from all over the world to take part in the 9th AILCD International Student Design Competition.
The theme of this year is “Less is MOji – REboot the City”.
The competition addresses the problem of urban shrinkage in the Mojiko area in Kitakyushu. The competition asks the students to re-design the urban landscape and to make a proposal for a low carbon urban project within this area. Urban shrinkage should be considered as a real problem for targeted area and the city of Kitakyushu.
1. Multidisciplinary teams of Graduate (Master and PhD students) and Undergraduate students from Architecture, Landscape, Civil Engineering and related disciplines are accepted.
2. Team and individual entries are accepted.
3. Only one project may be submitted per person or per team.
You can choose the whole area of Mojiko or only one specific part, for example 2 or 3 sites within the same competition site area as the site for your proposal.
All proposals should contain one or more of below features:
1. urban shrinkage
2. low carbon city concept
3. overall sustainable concept
4. green space design
5. usage of renewable energy systems
6. sustainable transport systems
7. connection to the surrounding area
1. First Prize: 50,000 Yen and a certificate
2. Second Prize: 30,000 Yen and a certificate
3. Third Prize: 10,000 Yen and a certificate
4. 7 Honorable Mentions: Certificate
1. Digital form: 4 (four) A2 panels (JPEG files) and 1 (one) PDF file containing the project statement (A4, 2 pages) in English.
2. Panel size: A2 (594mm x 420mm) (landscape format = horizontal orientation)
3. The boards should contain project concept, diagrams, plans, sections, perspectives, and photographs, all in English.
4. Entries must contain the registration digit in the lower right corner on all boards (18pt).
5. No names of participants or affiliations are allowed on the boards.
6. Proposals shall be sent by email to [email protected] and one e-mail should not exceed 10MB (e-mails over 10Mb can’t be retrieved). If the size of the e-mail exceeds 10MB send the files by separated e-mails.
7. Proposals are not accepted after closing date for proposal submissions.
8. File name: the registration number followed by page number 01, 02, 03 and 04, and 05 for the project statement, ex. LMRC19001-01, LMRC19001-02, etc.