2019 Africave Mentoring Program for Young Africans
Deadline: March 28, 2019.
Africave assembles some of the brightest young Africans, who are pushing the envelope in their various fields and industries to serve as mentors and growth buddies for younger Africans aged 13 – 19.
We are unlocking the potential inherent in this population by empowering them to become future leaders through personalized mentorship and guidance to access global opportunities. Fellows use these opportunities to impact the world and create a legacy.
The six-month-long mentoring initiative connects selected young Africans with mentors, who guide them to become the best version of themselves, helping them grow personally and professionally.
1. Commit at least 5 hours over a six-month period for mentoring sessions with a mentor
2. Proactively seek to build a relationship and make the most out of a mentoring relationship
3. Participate in monthly check-in and feedback calls with the Africave team
4. Complete an end-of-programme feedback
5. Be a responsible Africave Ambassador in your words and deeds.
The ideal candidates have the following attributes:
1. Be aged between 13 – 19
2. A desire to proactively grow personally, academically and professionally
3. A high degree of self-motivation, drive, and willingness to learn, try new approaches and drive resolution of issues.
4. A deep sense of cultural commitment to the development of Africa and its people.
5. Have a positive and proactive approach to building relationships
*Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview to assess their fit for the program.