2019 African Culture Fund Grants for African Artists
Deadline: October 12, 2019.
African Culture Fund second opens for African Artists.For this second call, the Fund supports activities and projects that fall into the following areas.
Lot 1 : Performing arts
The projects involved in this call are activities and projects of creation, production and dissemination of works and capacity building in the field of the performing arts.
The current call concerns the following performing arts: music, dance and theater.
Lot 2 : Visual arts
The projects involved in this call are activities and projects of creation, production and dissemination of works and capacity building in the field of visual arts.
This call concerns traditional visual arts, photography, digital art, decorative arts (textile art, design, marquetry…) as well as all pre-production, production, post-production, dissemination and distribution concerning the following cinematographic and audiovisual disciplines:
- Fiction / animation (short films, medium-length films, feature films or series);
- Documentaries (unitary or series);
- Art videos.
- Be an African artist or cultural actor or from the African diaspora, an artistic or cultural organization or association established in Africa or cooperating on African projects with at least one African organization and having at least three years of experience;
- Have a structure or be a member of an artistic or cultural organization or association;
- Have a legal status (organizations);
- Present a structuring project in response to the call for projects.
1. The maximum budget is US $ 10,000. Projects must be completed for a period not exceeding 18 months.
2. ACF does not grant mobility grants. However, travel expenses can be covered when they are part of the implementation of a project.
1. Applicants must complete an online funding application form via the following link: https://africanculturefund.net/en/applications/.