2019 African App Launchpad Initiative for Startups(Cohort 1)
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Egyptian and African youth and foster establishment of sustainable Egyptian and African startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets building capacity of ten thousand learners and establishing one hundred startups. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity.
- Citizens of each participating African state can submit their application through the initiative website currently being developed.
- Applicants are accepted as learners subject to fulfilling the following criteria:
- Higher-education graduate of year 2006 or after or about to graduate in the next two years.
- Good knowledge of essential ICT technologies as proven by
- University degree in ICT specialization.
- Min 5-year work track in ICT proven by stamped reference letters and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point
- Min 6-month international training record in software technologies proven by formal certificates and approved by the corresponding African state’s focal point.
- In case of limited seats, priority is given to those with university degree then to those with work experience then to those with training record.
- Free top-quality learning track in one of the advanced app and game technologies.
- Prestigious international certificate after successfully completing the learning track.
- Potential chance to attend a local learning group to experience cross learning and discuss business impact of the underlying technologies.
- Opportunity to join startup competitions where each winning startup is awarded USD 2K in additional to possible seed fund or incubation service.
- Being informed of Africa-wide employment opportunities.