2019 African Academy of Sciences (AAS) Call for Nominations: The 7th Lindau Meeting on Economic Sciences
Deadline: September 24, 2019.
This call is an invitation to young African scientists in the field of Economics ((graduate students and postdoctoral or early tenure-track scientists) to submit their interest in being nominated for the 7th Meeting of Nobel Laureates on Economic Sciences. AAS seeks to nominate candidates from all the five regions of the continent.
The African Academy of Sciences (AAS) in partnership with the Council for the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings and the Foundation Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings will support the participation of early career African scientists in the three Natural Science fields and Economics at the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings. Young participants to the Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings are recruited from among (1) undergraduate students, (2) masters and doctoral students and (3) young postdoctoral scientists in the three natural and economic sciences.
- not be older than 35 years of age at the date of the meeting with exceptions for special cases (e.g. maternity leave)
- must be nationals of an African country
- have a promising research agenda. Postdocs or early tenure-track scientists should have produced outstanding research papers on relevant subjects.
- A candidate should show a pronounced interest in the international dialogue within the academic community
- receive strong support of their application from either their supervisor / academic advisor / head of institution / an AAS Fellow / internationally renowned scientist, who knows the applicant well, through a detailed letter of recommendation. The recommendation greatly influences the evaluation
- be fluent in English and prepared to actively participate in discussions with laureates and young scientists
- belong to the top five percent of their class
- not already have a permanent position (for this, the professional/employment status must be clearly indicated)
- not have participated in previous Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
- commit themselves to being present in Lindau for the full duration of the meeting
- Advanced Graduate students should
- have excellent academic records
- have written one or several discussion papers on original research
- have at least some experience in presenting their research at workshops and conferences
- Postdoctoral or early tenure-track scientists should
- be less than five years away from their PhD
- have published outstanding papers in widely recognised academic journals
- have presented their research at international conferences
The AAS will cover the cost of an economy return air ticket to Lindau and part of their registration fee while the balance of the registration fee, accommodation and meals will be covered by the Lindau Foundation.
- Follow this link to get to the AAS Ishango Online System: https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before please proceed to step iv.
- The system will email you a temporary password.
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (first time users will be requested to replace their temporary password with one of their choice).
- Once you log in go to new grant application and go to click here
- Click on Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
- Select 7th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting (Economics) and click on apply to begin filling in the online form.
- Once you have provided all the required information, please validate and submit the form.