2019 Actuary of Tomorrow – Stuart A. Robertson Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: June 1, 2019.
Stuart A. Robertson, FSA, MAAA (1918-2005) was a distinguished actuary who, along with Wendell Milliman, co-founded the actuarial and consulting firm Milliman & Robertson (now Milliman, Inc.). The Actuary of Tomorrow – Stuart A. Robertson Memorial Scholarship was established to honor his dedication to excellence and recognize his tremendously positive influence on the professional lives of many colleagues. The scholarship recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of undergraduate students pursuing a career in actuarial science.
- Applicants must be full-time students at a U.S accredited educational institution, entering as a Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale).
- Must have successfully completed two actuarial exams.
- The scholarship awards Up to $9,000.
- The scholarship recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of undergraduate students pursuing a career in actuarial science.
- The award will be divided to cover multiple semesters or other terms comprising the academic year.
- How many actuarial exams are you planning to take in the Spring?
- Personal Essay: (approximately 500 words, single spaced and typed) Why do you want to be an actuary? How have your work experiences prepared you for an actuarial career? What are the qualifications and abilities that have helped you succeed in college and will help you succeed in an actuarial career? What extracurricular activities have you enjoyed most, and how will they help you in your career and in your life in general? Which college courses have you enjoyed most/least and why? Please make sure your name appears on all documents you are uploading.
- Please list the name and email address of a professor (preferred) or advisor who will provide a letter of recommendation supporting your academic achievement, leadership, and communication skills.
- Please list the name and email address of employer or previous employer who will provide a letter of recommendation.
- Please provide us with any other information about yourself that may be helpful to our review of your application.