20 Under 40 Young Champions of Family Planning.
Deadline: June 11, 2019.
Nominations for the third and final round of 120 Under 40 will be accepted from March 27 to June 11, 2019. Nominees in the 2016 and 2017 rounds who did not win are eligible to be re-nominated in 2019.
1. They will recognize the next generation of leaders making a difference in reproductive health worldwide
2. Nominees must be 40 years old or younger by December 31, 2019, and must have made significant contributions to family planning in one of the following categories:
- Programming/Program Implementation
- Service Delivery
- Demand Generation
The 120 Under 40 Jury, made up of leaders in the family planning and reproductive health fields, will review nominees that reach the 75-vote threshold on the basis of the following criteria, which are drawn from the published project description and the nominee profile questions:
- Has the nominee made significant, demonstrated, quantifiable contributions to family planning?
- Has the nominee acted as a source of innovation/”positive disruption” in family planning?
- Has the nominee served as a role model to lead and inspire others?
- Has the nominee demonstrated passion for family planning?
- Does the nominee have a vision for future work related to family planning?
After online voting and jury review close, the project secretariat will review the results and determine the 40 winners, all of whom will receive $1,000 from the Gates Institute to continue the work they are involved in or to start new, innovative projects.