2024 WWF’s Russell EFN Program Environmental and Social Impact Grant (US$ 15,000)
Deadline: December 18, 2023.
WWF’s Russell E Train Education for Nature (EFN) Program invites proposals focused on collaborative capacity building related to (i) environmental and social impacts and risks of development projects on ecosystems and their services and (ii) enhancing inclusive conservation and sustainable development. The Environmental and Social Impact Grant aims to provide competitive financial support to teams and institutions working in Kenya, Tanzania, and Madagascar focusing on enhancing capacities to address environmental and social impact assessment capacity building needs with an emphasis on local communities and local practitioners.
The proposals should target diverse audiences involved in addressing social and environmental issues associated with the execution and management of conservation and development initiatives, particularly with a focus on WWF key goals including climate, food, forests, freshwater, oceans, and wildlife.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligibility criteria to be considered for a grant:
1. Organization must be legally registered in an eligible country (Kenya, Tanzania, and Madagascar).
2. Teams or organizations must have a track record in capacity building related to environmental and social impacts, application thereof to local activities related to conservation and development; and ability to monitor results.
3. Organization must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
4. Organization must complete all grant activities before August 2025.
5. The proposals must include active learning, practical skill components, mentoring and/or field-based learning activity that build skills and knowledge for local stakeholders, institutions and networks. Priority is given to local organizations that focus on addressing challenges of development that affect ecosystems and their services and enhancing sustainable development and conservation.
6. Organizations must commit to show how they will accomplish expected outputs within the context of
country-specific regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Organizations must commit to support work that is focused on WWF’s six ambitious goals including climate, food, forests, freshwater, oceans and wildlife.
Applicants may request up to US$ 15,000 with strong budget justifications.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK