2024 World Bank Treasury Summer Internship Program
Deadline: October 15, 2023.
The Treasury Summer Internship Program is a junior professional training program designed to develop the skills necessary to have an exciting and rewarding career in the financial industry. The Program aims to bring exceptional college students with a demonstrated interest in a financial career to support the World Bank’s development mandate. The internship lays the foundation to become a Junior Analyst, a two-year position on one Treasury team, immediately after the intern graduates from their degree program. Interns are expected to be in their second to final year in the equivalent of a four-year college degree program.
They ask that all applicants meet the following core eligibility requirements to be consistent with the program’s goals. Applicants must have these core requirements to be considered.
- Must be enrolled in the second-to-last year of the equivalent of a four-year college degree program with a demonstrated interest in finance, business, economics, or a related field;
- Must be prepared to graduate with a college degree between January and September 2025;
- Must be in good academic standing at their college or university;
- Must be available full-time through the duration of the internship;
- Must not have a concurrent employment contract or internship.
Any candidate who is found to have misrepresented their application may be disqualified or terminated
- Interns join on a short-term temporary contract and are paid between $20.40 (net – for non-US Citizens) and $24.60 (gross – for US Citizens) per hour for a total of 400 hours.
- All interns are expected to be in person, full-time, in Washington, DC, for the entire internship (May 28 – August 5).
- HR policies may change, but interns are expected to work at least four days in the office per week. Each intern will receive a World Bank laptop at the start of the internship.
- If required, the World Bank sponsors the appropriate visa for an incoming intern to work in the United States.
Only complete applications will be accepted. Please read the following before submitting your application. Although not required, we encourage applicants to use the suggested cover letter template and resume template and submit as a PDF.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK