2024 World Bank Group Youth Summit Pitch Competition (Funded to Washington, D.C.)
Deadline: March 1, 2024.
After a successful 10th edition, the World Bank Group Youth Summit is back for an 11th time on the theme of Digital Transformation, engaging youth on the most pressing topics facing their generation and bringing together thousands of participants from around the world.
The Summit will take place on May 30-31, 2024, with activities and engagements in different regions and at the World Bank Group headquarters in Washington DC.
The WBG Youth Summit 2024’s theme is Powering Progress: Youth Leading the Digital Transformation, spotlighting youth using technology to solve development challenges. In alignment with the World Bank’s Digital Development Practice, the summit will focus on three subthemes:
1) Digital Access and Inclusion
2) Artificial Intelligence
3) Sustainable Technology for a Livable Planet
- The WBG Youth Summit 2024 Pitch Competition is an exciting opportunity for young change-makers to showcase their innovative solutions addressing global challenges.
- Open to individuals aged 18-35 worldwide, this competition provides a dynamic platform for presenting your ideas to an international audience through compelling pitch decks.
- The Pitch Competition will focus on impactful technology addressing challenges relating to youth in FCV-affected areas, women in the tech space and the digital inclusion of rural youth. The transition to a technology-enabled world accentuates the need to reduce vulnerabilities and socio-economic disparities in a rapidly evolving digital landscape.
They encourage submissions from diverse backgrounds and focus areas with a special interest in addressing the following themes:
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Solutions that promote digital inclusion and establish reliable connectivity, overcoming barriers to ensure universal digital access.
- Intelligence for Good: Explore the potential of artificial intelligence to combat socioeconomic inequalities, drive meaningful change, and address issues related to equality and inclusion.
- Sustainable Technology: Showcase digital innovations that advance sustainable living and resource preservation. Incorporate green technology to promote eco-friendly practices and contribute to the transition towards a low-carbon economy.
They invite you to submit your groundbreaking ideas that have the power to make a real difference in the world. This global competition seeks to reward the most innovative projects, so get ready to shape the future with your solutions.
- Finalists will join the 2024 World Bank Youth Summit hosted at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
- Travel expenses, including lodging and a nominal stipend for up to three nights, will be covered for one representative per team. The representative is required to obtain a valid U.S. visa for their travel.
- Other team members can participate in the event through the virtual platform
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK