2024 Rhodes Global Scholarships for Postgraduate Study at the University of Oxford (Fully Funded)
Deadline: August 1, 2023.
The Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world (i.e. not eligible under any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency) to apply for a Scholarship, subject to nomination.
You can request and receive nomination through the application form itself – you will not be able to submit an application for a Global Rhodes Scholarship unless a nomination from your institution has been received.
Your eligibility for the Global Scholarship must also be confirmed by a member of the Rhodes House team. This will be done through the application form but you will only be able to submit once you have received approval.
- You must be aged 18-24 on 1st October 2023 (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1998 and before 2 October 2005).
- for medical, dental, pharmaceutical, law and engineering students, to allow you to complete your professional internship: You must be aged 18-25 on 1st October 2023 (i.e. you must have been born after 1 October 1997 and before 2 October 2005)
- for older candidates who completed their first undergraduate degree later than usual: You must be under the age of 27 on 1st October 2023 (i.e. have been born after 1 October 1996) AND you must also have completed your first undergraduate degree on or after 1 October 2022*.
- Have completed an undergraduate degree (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with an academic background and grade that is a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent which meets or exceeds the specific entry requirements of your chosen full-time course at the University of Oxford
- An Honours degree (or have taken an Honours year) from a University outside of your country or if you have studied to Masters level within your country (with the exception of those studying in Nigeria and Ghana, and, for some countries, those studying medicine).
- Have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the University of Oxford’s English language proficiency requirements
- You a citizen of one of the following countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, the island of Saint Helena, Senegal, Sierra Leone, São Tomé and Principe and Togo.
- Have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten years.
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
- The Trust will cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling in allowance and for those Scholars who transition to a second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.