2024 One Young World Fellowship – Digital Communications Fellow (Salary £26,000)
Deadline: November 16, 2023.
The One Young World Fellowship is open for applications for 2024! They are seeking two new Fellows to join their Digital Communications team to help make their bold plans for One Young World 2024 Montréal a reality. The Fellowship is for a fixed term placement from 8 January 2024 until 11 October 2024.
Fellows will work with young leaders from every country in the world and a huge range of backgrounds; from social entrepreneurs to campaigners, tech innovators to poets. The programme is ideally suited for recent graduates or early-career professionals with a passion for sustainable development and who want to learn more about pursuing a career in the charity sector.
Taking on this challenge calls for:
- Passion for and strong general knowledge of social and environmental causes
- An enthusiastic and professional personality
- Excellent attention to detail and personal standards
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Fellows will graduate from the role as full members of the One Young World Ambassador Community, meaning you will receive life-time membership of the world’s most internationally diverse network of young leaders. You will be able to call yourself a One Young World Ambassador and take advantage of all the exclusive opportunities available to the Community.
- Supporting the Digital Communications Content Officers in social content creation and posting, including graphics and video creation
- Management of digital assets
- Researching and communicating insights into trends in digital communications platforms
- Staying on top of social platform updates and communicating these to the team
- Writing copy in line with brand guidelines and tone of voice
- Live content capture at events
- Monitoring social channels and email inboxes.
To succeed in the Fellowship, you will:
- Have an active interest in current affairs and be driven to work in a role that brings positive change to the world
- Be highly efficient and organised and have experience of complex admin tasks
- Have experience using the Microsoft Office suite, and ideally some experience with design or video editing software
- Be a great teammate who takes the initiative and is able to cope well with deadlines and a high-pressure environment
- Have a keen interest in Digital Communications or Marketing, with a focus on social media
- Fluency in English – an additional language is desirable but not essential
- By the start of employment, you must have the right to work in the UK – ideally you are based within commuter distance to London, or you are planning to relocate to London from January 2024.
- They operate a 4 day working week policy, which we call Flexible Fridays. They encourage you to be super efficient with your time Monday-Thursday, so you don’t need to work (unless something super urgent comes up) on a Friday. They operate this policy all year round, apart from in the three months leading up to the Summit.
- Salary £ 26000
- Private medical insurance which includes physiotherapy, dental, eye care and mental health support.
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel to events as necessary
- Regular opportunities to access paid-for training and professional development such as courses and qualifications
- Central London location
- A very sociable team – Christmas, Summer and post-Summit parties
- One Young World takes part in a huge variety of events that team members can attend.Previous international opportunities have included Cannes Lions and the UN ECOSOC Forum and local opportunities have included Student Pride and the Open Iftar Project
Please fill out the application form, including a CV and cover letter in the “upload additional documents” section. Please note that by the start of employment, you must have the right to work in the UK.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK