2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge for Young Africans (Fully Funded)
Deadline: December 5, 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge is pleased to announce that applications for the 2024/2025 academic year are now open.
The programme at the University of Cambridge is designed to provide talented students from Africa with fully funded opportunities to complete their master’s training, grow in transformative leadership, and contribute to climate resilience and sustainability in Africa and the world at large.
The programme offers scholarships which span the full range of across disciplines in Cambridge except for the following business courses: Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Corporate Law (MCL), Master of Finance (MFin).
To be eligible for this scholarship you Must be acitizen of an African country,
⦁ Must be ordinarily resident in an African country unless you can show temporary absence for study/work with an intention to return, or unless you have been displaced.
⦁Must be applying for a Master’s course of up to one year in length, at the University of Cambridge.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholar Programme covers the following:
- The University’s composition fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance that takes into consideration yearly inflation
- Visa application Fee, IHS surcharge and an economy return ticket from the student’s home country to the United Kingdom and back home at the end of their course.
In addition, Scholars will benefit from:
- A cohort-wide induction programme before the start of the course.
- Termly Leadership Training, which supports Scholars in thinking about sustainable leadership, and developing collaborative leadership qualities needed to build cross-sector solutions for sustainable development
- Support to take up a 3-6-month placements in leading Africa-based organisations. This will enable scholars to develop pathways to building impactful careers in Africa.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars will be able to join both the Cambridge University Alumni group and the Mastercard Foundation Scholars’ alumni group, where they can continue to draw on and contribute to the community of African scholars.
The Application process commences with an application for admission to the University of Cambridge via the course directory, to be completed by the funding deadline of the course. https://www.postgraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/courses
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK