2024 Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize (S$300,000)
Deadline: June 30, 2023.
The Singapore International Water Week today launched a call for nominations for the Lee Kuan Yew Water Prize (LKYWP) 2024 – a prestigious international award that honours outstanding contributions by individuals or organisations towards solving the world’s water challenges by developing or applying innovative technologies, policies or programmes which benefit humanity.
Singapore’s Minister for Sustainability and the Environment Grace Fu announced the opening of nominations for the LKYWP 2024 in a speech delivered at a side event hosted by Singapore during the UN 2023 Water Conference in New York. The Singapore event – “Water, Technology and Sustainable Development” – was well attended by international leaders in the water sector who shared best practices in leveraging technology for sustainable water management. The leaders also shared how the international community can work collectively to catalyse innovation for a water-resilient future, in support of Sustainable Development Goal 6.
Application and nominations open to:
- Leaders of international water companies and water utilities
- top academics in water research, policy and/or management
- heads of international organisations, members of government
- Distinguished individuals in the field of water are welcome to submit nominations of suitable candidates for the LKYWP 2024.
The Laureate will receive S$300,000, a gold medallion and a certificate, at an award ceremony during the 10th Singapore International Water Week, to be held from 18 to 22 June 2024 in Singapore.
- Leaders of international water companies and water utilities, top academics in water research, policy and/or management, heads of international organisations, members of government, or distinguished individuals in the field of water are welcome to submit nominations of suitable candidates for the LKYWP 2024. This can be done online by uploading a citation of the nominee’s achievements at https://go.gov.sg/lkywp2024nomination. Nominations for the LKYWP 2024 are open from 24 March 2023 to 30 June 2023.
- Shortlisted nominees will be notified to submit supporting documents for more detailed evaluations by the Water Prize Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee will thoroughly evaluate all shortlisted nominations and make their recommendations to the Water Prize Council, who will then decide on the LKYWP 2024 Laureate. For more information, visit https://www.siww.com.sg/landing-page/nomination-guidelines or email [email protected].