2024 Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program (Funding Available)
Deadline: January 21, 2024.
The Jacobs Foundation is pleased to announce the 2024 call for applications for its Research Fellowship Program.
The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early and mid-career researchers whose work is dedicated to improving the learning and development of children and youth worldwide. The relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to, education sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, behavioral science, computer science, pedagogy, linguistics, neurosciences, and science of learning.
Particularly encouraged to apply are scholars who seek to combine multiple levels of analysis and engage in interdisciplinary work. A special focus lies on work to understand and embrace variability in learning; promote the generation, transfer, and practical application of evidence on human learning and development or increase the capacity to scale up effective education policies and practices.
The Jacobs Foundation is especially interested in the following questions:
- How do variations in individuals and contextual factors influence learning, development and learning outcomes?
- How can we design for learner variability at scale to enable all children to reach their potential as learners and in life?
- How can we produce interventions that reduce growing inequalities in children’s learning and overcome disparities in the impacts of digital technologies?
- How can we address the role of data to help learners and teachers make informed decisions about their learning and teaching?
- What school-level learning approaches, environments, and experiences are effective in improving learning outcomes in heterogeneous student groups?
The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years.
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute.
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation.
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
- Networking and alumni events and opportunity for exchange with other Jacobs Foundation Research Fellows and alumni.
- Funding to the tune of CHF 150’000
- Media channels to disseminate your work to the broader scientific and public audience.
- Opportunities for personal and scientific development through integration into the Jacobs Foundation’s network (e.g., exchange on online platform, attendance of conferences, Fellowship meetings).
- A meaningful partnership including ample space for innovative ideas and activities within and beyond the research sector.
- Recognition as part of the Jacobs Foundation’s network
The following selection criteria are weighted equally:
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- Creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for promoting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK