2024 Deloitte | One Young World Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit in Canada
Deadline: January 21, 2024.
Today’s increasingly complex global challenges require us to work together to build a better, more sustainable future, for both people and planet.
One of the most pressing of these challenges is the climate crisis. The IPCC’s most recent climate report has shown that we require urgent transition and change across all sectors and systems to secure a climate-resilient, liveable future for all. It is now more crucial than ever that we find and develop collective and innovative solutions to tackle climate change and meet the Paris Agreement.
In securing the future of the planet, however, they must also ensure that it is a future in which the next generation is equipped to meet the challenges that will come with it. Investing in education and skills is key to empowering individuals, nations, and societies to face the challenges of tomorrow. However, millions of people around the world are held back by educational inequality, with 800 million youth today not predicted to have even the basic skills to succeed in the workforce by 2030.
As a longstanding partner of One Young World, they’re proud to support the Deloitte One Young World Scholarships 2024 which will enable 5 outstanding young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit in Montreal, Canada on 18 – 21 September 2024.
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthening resiliency
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women and girls, and disadvantaged youth.
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship, but projects must be based where Deloitte has a presence
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address either climate and environmental challenges, or education and skills-based challenges
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal.
- Travel restrictions permitting
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 18 and 21 (inclusive) September, 2024
- The cost of travel to and from Montreal (economy class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit)
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK