2024 bp Net Zero Scholarship to Attend OYW Summit in Canada (Fully Funded)
Deadline: April 1, 2024.
The world’s carbon budget is finite and running out; at bp we know we need a rapid and orderly transition to net zero. They all want a more balanced energy system, one that is reliable and affordable, but that is no longer enough. It must also be lower carbon. This will require nothing short of reimagining energy for people and our planet.
bp has set an ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero. This means working hard to reduce carbon in the company’s operations and production while growing new low carbon businesses, products and services.
As bp heads towards net zero, we are committed to listening to, learning from and working with others. That’s why bp is pleased to support the Net Zero Scholarship, a programme to identify and engage with young innovators who are reimagining energy for people and the planet today.
Scholarship recipients will join bp’s delegation to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montréal, where they will meet and exchange ideas with peers from across the business.
The scholarship seeks candidates making an impact in one of the following areas:
- Advocating for progressive climate policies
- Enhancing current low carbon energy technologies such as solar and wind
- Improving access to low carbon energy
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, regions, cities and industries
- Candidates must be aged 18 – 30*
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritise applicants who are making an impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Advocating for progressive climate policies.
- Enhancing current low carbon energy technologies such as solar and wind.
- Improving access to low carbon energy.
- Innovating to reduce emissions in households, cities and industries.
*Most delegates are between the ages of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montréal.
- Hotel accommodation between 17 – 21 September 2024.
- Return flights to and from Montréal.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Access to bespoke bp programming including: pre-Summit briefing, a bp buddy from the company’s internal delegation and a post-Summit feedback session.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK