2024 African Change Narrative Storytellers’ Fellowship
Deadline: December 5, 2023.
Africa is not only about wars, famine and disease. There are great things happening across Africa which are under reported: Life is full of its ‘huuhs and haahs” so is every nation and continent. Africa does not only have the negatives and stereotypes that had been portrayed for a long time by a section of the global media.
If you are an early career Journalists/broadcasters (across Africa) who want to tell African stories in its originality and positive light, we present this opportunity to you to be a champion Africa change narrative storyteller.
- Applicant must be an early career journalist/broadcaster who is based in Africa
- Applicant must complete 3 hours+ course on guide to telling African Stories and shared email evidence of completion.
- Be available for one-time virtual training/masterclass sessions as part of the commencement of the fellowship as well as mentoring sessions that will follow.
- Must be willing to write two change narrative stories about Africa(ns) making changes
- Applicant must share a letter of commitment from his/her editor/producer acknowledging s/he is allowed to go through the fellowship as well as a commitment that stories produced can be used in their media houses.
- A certificate of completion
- A commensurate story writing grant (to be disclosed to those selected).
- Opportunity to network and build viable professional relationships with other journalists/Broadcasters across from Africa.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK