2023 Vital Voices VVEngage Fellowship for Women Leaders in Public Leadership (Fully Funded)
Deadline: March 26, 2023.
VVEngage is a Vital Voices signature fellowship supporting outstanding women political leaders making and influencing policy across the globe. Through this fully-funded fellowship, they aim to increase the capacity, decision-making power and effectiveness of women leaders in politics and government, shifting culture around women’s public leadership and moving towards equality in public representation globally. We also aim to work towards a more inclusive and equitable world by advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through policy.
Through this fellowship, Vital Voices advances women’s political leadership and the SDGs by conducting online and in-person* trainings with experts such as women leaders from the Vital Voices Global Network and professors from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. The fellowship also connects participants to a global network of peers and mentors, such as current and former female heads of state with the Council of Women World Leaders, with whom they can brainstorm and share challenges and best practices.
The 2023 cohort of VVEngage will consist of women leaders from across the globe who will be selected based on the following criteria.*
All applicants must fall into one of these categories:
- Appointed or elected government official at the local, state/regional, national, or international level
- Political party leader or functionary
- Leader of civil society organization whose primary function involves working directly with government or working to get more women in politics/public life
- Political Activist
- Politically-active community leader from marginalized and excluded community that remains on the periphery of political activity in her country
- Media professional
In addition, all applicants must fit all of the following criteria:
- A minimum of three years in elected or appointed office, as the key decision-maker for a civil society organization, or in related political leadership work
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices Leadership Model” – Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in her community; committed to working with different political ideologies; committed to advancing the status of women and girls; committed to transparency and good governance
- Demonstrated leadership ability, high potential for future leadership development
- Desire to engage with a global network of women in public life
- At minimum, a basic understanding of the policy-making process in your community
This fellowship occurs annually, with their 2023 programming running from April to December of this year. Selected fellows are expected to participate in the full length of the fellowship including virtual trainings and events throughout the year. If health and travel restrictions allow, they will hold one in-person convening. The time commitment is an estimated eight hours per month.