2023 The World Food Forum (WFF) Calls for Youth Representatives and Observers
Deadline: July 15, 2023.
The World Food Forum (WFF) is pleased to invite FAO Members and partners of the Forum to nominate Youth Representatives and Observers to the third annual WFF flagship event from 16 to 20 October 2023 in Rome, Italy and virtually under the theme “Food Action accelerates Climate Action.“.
The WFF’s flagship event comprises the WFF Global Youth Forum, the FAO Science and Innovation Forum and the FAO Hand-in-Hand Investment Forum. These three interlinked fora advance bold and actionable solutions to catalyze the transformation of our agrifood systems considering the ongoing challenges and crises, and highlight the importance of collaboration between the current and next generation and their combined ingenuity in science, technology and innovation – and investments in key areas of food and agriculture.
Nominations for Youth Representatives and Observers should be composed of up to 10 individuals under the age of 36 that can include:
- Members of a youth organization and/or network related to food, agriculture, development, climate and any other relevant field;
- Stakeholder group members; (i.e. young farmers, fisherfolk, Indigenous Peoples, etc.);
- Young members of a ministry, cabinet or any other national institution;
- Students in the various fields of agrifood systems; and/or
- Past and current youth delegates to the United Nations and/or international conferences.
At the WFF Flagship Event
- Attend the events hosted during the World Food Forum flagship week;
- Organize and/or participate in bilateral meetings;
- Meet and network with youth and agrifood systems stakeholders from different backgrounds to exchange perspectives, gain new insights and forge new partnerships.
After the WFF Flagship Event
- Support and participate in the development of WFF National Chapters to drive local action in line with discussions held during the Youth Assembly;
- Communicate about the WFF flagship event and initiatives/activities. Read an example article by 2022 WFF Irish delegation;
- Report on the results from the Forum to relevant stakeholders.