2023 Teachers Collaborating Across Borders Program for MENA Teachers
Deadline: May 1, 2023.
The TCAB program is a unique opportunity for 20 teachers from the United States and 20 teachers from the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region to engage in international dialogue and virtual exchange. In fall 2023, selected teachers will engage in synchronous and asynchronous sessions to discuss topics related to education and culture in their respective countries, as well as strategies to include this information in the classroom. In spring 2024, participating teachers will conduct a virtual exchange project in small groups between their students and report on their exchange experience at the end of the program.
They are now seeking applicants for the fourthcohort, which will consist of 20 US K-12 teachers and 20 teachers from the MENA region.
Selected Participants Are Required to:
- Participants are expected to engage fully in all aspects of the program:
- participating verbally and/or in writing in all meetings
- sharing in group work
- creating, implementing, and reporting on a classroom project in spring 2024
- Participants are expected to attend all synchronous meetings and post online for asynchronous ones. Live sessions will take place on Sundays, 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. Eastern Time (US). In case of emergency, accommodations can be arranged.
- Participants are expected to treat each other with respect and open-mindedness.
- This program is open to all currently practicing educators at the primary and secondary levels in the United States, Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, West Bank and Gaza (Palestine) and Yemen.
- Teachers must be actively teaching in the classroom in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Participating educators will receive a certificate of completion for the program and up to 30 professional development hours of continuing education credit.
Benefits from Participation in this Professional Development Program:
- personal: increasing your global understanding
- professional: increasing your connection with other teachers around the world
- professional: receipt of a certificate of participation (professional development credit) upon completion of the program
- teaching: globalizing your classroom instruction