2023 Stony Brook Short Fiction Prize for United States & Canadian Universities and Colleges Undergraduates
Deadline: July 14, 2023.
The Stony Brook $1000 Short Fiction Prize welcomes undergraduate students from all over the United States and Canada to submit original fiction of 7,500 words or fewer. The judges are looking for lively storytelling and unique voices.
The Southampton Writers Conference is sponsored by the Stony brook Southampton MFA in Creative Writing and Literature, which provides a forum for authors of all genres to study and discuss the craft of writing. Through workshops, lectures, readings, and small-group discussions, the conference offers inspiration and guidance to new writers, established authors, teachers of writing, and editors.
Only undergraduates enrolled full time in United States and Canadian universities and colleges for the academic year 2022-2023 are eligible.
Win $1000…plus a scholarship to the Southampton Writers Conference!
- Submissions of no more than 7,500 words.
- Author’s name must not appear anywhere on the submission.
- All entries must be accompanied by proof of current undergraduate enrollment: a scan/PDF of a grade transcript, a class schedule, or payment receipt showing your full-time status. The institution’s name and address must be clear.
- Submission assumes Stony Brook’s right to publish winning stories on its website.
- The winning story will automatically be considered for publication in TSR: The Southampton Review, the literary journal of Stony Brook Southampton’s MFA program in Writing and Literature.