2023 Rhodes Scholarships for Global Postgraduate Study at Oxford University
Deadline: August 1, 2022.
When different people come together in a shared spirit, exciting new things begin. The Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing opportunity to join outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
The Rhodes Scholarship is a fully funded, full time, postgraduate award which enables talented young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford. Applying for the Scholarship is a challenge, but it is an experience which has helped generations of young people to succeed. We encourage applications from talented students everywhere.
Rhodes Scholars come to the UK for two or more years and can apply to study most full-time postgraduate courses offered by Oxford University.
- The Global Scholarships allow eligible candidates from the rest of the world (i.e. not eligible under any other Rhodes Scholarships Constituency) to apply for a Scholarship, subject to nomination.
- As the Rhodes Scholarships are place-based, the eligibility criteria, application requirements and selection process vary slightly depending on which constituency you are applying for. To ensure that you have all of the information you need to apply, please read the Information for Candidates – specific to Global – carefully.
- Your eligibility for the Global Scholarship must also be confirmed by a member of the Rhodes House team. This will be done through the application form but you will only be able to submit once you have received approval.
- The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University course fees, as well as providing an annual stipend.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford.
- The Trust will cover the fee for a student visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service.
- The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling in allowance and for those Scholars who transition to a second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.