2023 Pulitzer Center Eyewitness Photojournalism Grant
Deadline: June 30, 2023.
Awarded annually, the Eyewitness Photojournalism Grant supports projects by independent photojournalists historically underrepresented in the global media landscape.
- Grants are open to all journalists: writers, photographers, radio producers, and filmmakers; staff journalists as well as freelancers.
- They support veteran reporters who have been widely published, but also back younger applicants who are looking for help to jumpstart their careers.
- A diversity of voices— gender, ethnicities, backgrounds and nationalities—is important to them.
- A description of the proposed project in no more than 250 words.
- A thorough publication plan. Letters of interest or commitment from editors and news outlets should be included.
- A preliminary budget estimate, including a basic breakdown of costs. Travel grants cover hard costs associated with the reporting; please do not include stipends for the applicants. Local reporting partner/translator/driver fees are acceptable.
- Three samples of published work, either print or broadcast.
- Three professional references. These can be either contact information or letters of recommendation. The latter is encouraged when letters from interested producers or editors are available.
- A copy of your curriculum vitae.
Applications may also include a more detailed description of project but this will be considered as optional supplement only. The most important part of the submission is the 250-word summary. Applications must be written in English.