2023 MasterCard Foundation/Vanguard Economics Young Impact Associate Fellowship (Paid Fellowship)
Deadline: May 15, 2023.
Accelerate your career in research and consulting by joining our new Young Impact Associate (YIA) fellowship which is funded and implemented in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation. As one of 12 YIAs, you will learn the core disciplines of socioeconomic research while working together on supporting the Mastercard Foundation monitoring, evaluation and learning activities in Rwanda and collaborate with partners across the continent to strengthen youth voices and African narratives in the impact evaluation field.
The Mastercard Foundation aims to create 30 million dignified and fulfilling jobs for young people in Africa by 2030. As the Impact Partner Organization (IPO) for Rwanda, our job is to support the Foundation, track the success of their activities and provide lessons learned for improving the impact. The Young Impact Associate is a 1-year paid Fellowship focused toward laying the foundations for a successful career in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning while supporting implementation of the project. You will be working full time with Vanguard Economics of which 10% will be structured classroom sessions, 20% will be reflecting and learning with others, and 70% will be learning by doing. You will be exposed to key disciplines of impact evaluation and be involved in everything from project management to data collection and analysis: 1) Evaluation Foundations and Designs; 2) Managing yourself and others at work; 3) Qualitative research methods; 4) Quantitative research methods; and 5) Knowledge management.
They are looking for young Africans with a passion for development in Rwanda and a strong desire to learn about it. Successful applicants must be:
- African National
- Fluent in English and good knowledge of Kinyarwanda
- Below 35 years of age
- Completed a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences related discipline (Economics, Business Admin., Sociology, Anthropology, International Dev., Gender Studies, Public Administration etc),
Additionally, strong candidates should demonstrate:
- Strong interest in African Social Development Issues and a sense of mission.
- Clear evidence of being involved/interested in Qualitative or Quantitative Research
- The duration of the Young Impact Associate Fellowship is 12-months and is expected to commence in September 2023.
- You are expected to commit full time to the fellowship for the 12 months.
- During this time, they will make sure you’re building your CV toward an area of your interest to enhance your future job opportunities in Vanguard Economics or elsewhere.
- You will earn a competitive monthly salary and you will be eligible for healthcare insurance with 100% coverage for you and your dependents for the duration of the Fellowship.
Fill your information by clicking on the apply for this job link. Keep your Resume to a maximum of 2 pages, do not attach a photo on your resume. They seek to find YIAs representing all communities across Rwanda. They strongly encourage women, people with refugee status, and people with disabilities to apply.