2023 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Gondoar for East Africans (Fully Funded)
Deadline: May 31, 2023.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) at the University of Gondar will award a total of 160 graduate scholarships for eight years, which started in the 2018/19 Academic year. The scholarship will directly benefit academically talented but disadvantaged youth from five East African countries – Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea , Djibouti and South Sudan. The Graduate Scholars Program is designed to help Scholars to acquire transformational and leadership skills and demonstrate high professional and scholarly competencies to effectively influence global, regional, national and local socioeconomic development trends. The Program is technically and financially supported by Mastercard Foundation and will avail excellent academic and nonacademic support to Scholars during their stay at University of Gondar.
Graduate applicants must be in or applying to one of the following programs:
- Gender and development studies
- Development and environmental management studies
- Public health
- Special Needs and Inclusive Education”
Graduate scholarships are open for an applicants who intend to be a full-time student at the University of Gondar. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Earned a Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to their proposed graduate program from recognized University using English as a medium of instruction in the past 5 years with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale) at graduation.
- Be citizen and permanent resident of Somalia, Eritrea, South Sudan and Djibouti (and residents of the respective countries for at least five years at the time of their application),
- Youth applicants with disabilities
- Female applicants with economic but have financial difficulty to finance graduate university education.
- The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition, accommodation/boarding, a stipend and additional expenses such as books.
- The scholarship also includes academic, financial and social support to help awardees develop into capable leaders in their communities, and experiential activities such as summer camps.
- Applicants must complete an application form and provide information about their academic ability, financial need and disability status, as well as community giveback and leadership potential.
- When applying online or sending applications via email, please have ready scanned copies of all relevant documents and attach them with your signed and scanned Application Form.
- While sending your application by mail, please also send your copies of your credentials and testimonials as well.