2023 LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Development Programme for Young Nigerians
Deadline: February 10, 2023.
The Youth Leadership Development Programme is designed to empower, equip, and support young change leaders who are Nigerian undergraduates under the age of 30, by providing them with the knowledge, abilities, and supportive environment needed for them to become self-leaders who bring long-lasting change to their communities. The Youth Leadership Programme has never been more pertinent to the present problems being experienced in Africa today, especially those bordering on leadership, active citizenship, and sustainable development, as we approach an election year.
The Youth Leadership Development Programme (YLDP) is a 5-months Leadership programme for young Nigerian undergraduates aged 18 – 30years which aims to equip and empower them with the skills, knowledge and resources required to become transformative leaders and active citizens who will drive sustainable development in their communities.
To successfully apply for the YLDP, an applicant should possess the following qualities:
- A Male or Female Undergraduate in a Tertiary/Vocational Institution in Nigeria.
- Aged 18 – 30 years
- Passionate about advocacy, activism and community development
- Interested in inclusion, diversity and civic responsibility and eager to exercise these interests
- Eager to champion change projects geared towards community development & the SDGs
- Eager to engage with government institutions and influence policy
- Committed to attending the Online Training, Debates and is available for mentoring