2023 IWA-Grundfos ‘Youth Action for SDG 6’ Fellowship (Fully Funded to USA)
Deadline: November 25, 2022.
The International Water Association (IWA) and Grundfos Youth Action for SDG6 Fellowship will mobilise twelve Young Water Professionals (YWPs) from around the globe to actively participate in the UN 2023 Water Conference, in New York, USA. After the conference, the selected YWPs will work together with Grundfos staff and IWA to co-develop a publication that provides insights into the critical role that young people have in the implementation of the UN 2030 Sustainable Development Goal Agenda. The publication will focus on how the water sector can maximise the benefits of integrating young professionals to achieve sustainable development.
A joint Grundfos-IWA publication will be launched during a three-day gathering at the Grundfos HQ, in Denmark (date to be defined, after March 2023), where the twelve selected YWPs will have the possibility to present their key learnings from the UN 2023 Water Conference. All financial support for the twelve participants will be provided through this fellowship.
The applicants are required to meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between 18 and 35 years of age on the date of the UN 2023 Water Conference (22 to 24 March 2023);
- Be an active IWA member – membership status will be verified by the IWA Secretariat;
- Show evidence of commitment to delivering positive change in the water sector;
- Demonstrate leadership capacity;
- Be addressing key local and/or global issues in their current work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas in the water sector;
- Have a working knowledge of English.
The Fellowship will cover appropriate air travel, subsistence, accommodation, ground transportation, travel insurance, and visa application fees. Full details will be provided to relevant applicants during the selection process.
Applications will be accepted in English. Candidates must fill out this online form, send the necessary documents, and accept the terms of the selection process. It is recommended that the candidates provide as much detail as possible to support their application. Candidates must provide:
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages);
- Motivation letter (maximum 1 page);
- Letter of reference from an IWA member (maximum 1 letter);
- 1-page writing sample about the water topic that the candidate wants to contribute to the publication and cover during the UN Water Conference;
- 1-page project proposal about the candidates’ contribution to the publication.
All documents must be compiled and saved in a single pdf file. It is recommended that the candidates follow the order stated above.