2023 IOC Young Leaders Programme for Young Leaders
Deadline: December 31, 2022.
The new IOC Young Leaders programme application and selection process for the generation 2023-2026 is launching in September 2022 with the key aim to find the next cohort of passionate IOC Young Leaders who will imagine, design and realise their own sustainable sport-based social businesses / projects.
Launched in October 2020, the newly designed programme is seeing 25 young leaders imagine, design and realise their own sustainable sport-based social business. Over the four years, each participant will receive expert guidance on a myriad of topics from human-centred design to impact measurement and user testing, as well as seed-funding and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
The final 25 candidates were selected from amongst 350 applicants, all with a clear passion for sport. The list of selected 25 Young Leaders is balanced in terms of universality and diversity, with 13 female and 12 male candidates, from 25 countries across 5 continents.
They aren’t looking for one type of profile but rather a diverse group of young leaders with different backgrounds, perspectives, skillsets, motivations and experiences.
The IOC Young Leader profile:
- 20-28 years old
- Proficiency in English
- Passion for sport as a tool for social and economic change
- Interest in community action
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Strong communicator and team player willing to learn and grow
- Comfortable in managing social media, and new technologies and platforms
This programme is for you if you want to:
- Turn ideation and research into real action and development of solutions
- Become a more effective and stronger leader in sport and social business (or a sport and social business entrepreneur)
- Drive local transformative change in and through sport
- Represent and embody the Olympic values in action
- Commit to a four-year entrepreneurial journey
- Be both a mentee and a mentor through a comprehensive mentorship programme
- Collaborate with fellow young leaders, experts, researchers, sports leaders and social business entrepreneurs
What each IOC Young Leader receives:
- CHF 10,000 seed-funding delivered over the four years
- Monthly expert-led workshops and guidance
- Access to thought-leaders and inspirational figures
- Exclusive invitation to attend the bi-annual IOC Youth Summit
- Invitations to attend and speak at global gatherings
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Leadership coaching
- A dedicated team on hand to provide support