2023 IFRA-Nigeria Call for Application – Creating Sound Maps of Religious Buildings in Ibadan
Deadline: March 8, 2023.
As part of both its programmes on Digital Humanities and on Nigerian religious dynamics, IFRA-Nigeria has launched a research project on the religious architectural heritage of Ibadan. Drawing from the fields of Digital Humanities, Architecture and the Socio-anthropology of religion, the objective is to map out, research and analyse the rich history and diverse aesthetics of all religious buildings in the capital of Oyo State.
One of the objectives of the project is to produce sound maps of selected religious buildings in the city in order to record and analyse their sonic properties. To conduct this project, IFRA-Nigeria is looking for young researchers who will be trained in the technic of sound mapping and will each conduct a maximum of 6 days of supervised fieldwork.
- Being a student or having completed a university degree in a relevant field for the project
- Be familiar with sound technology or musicology
- Transport allowance and meals will be covered for the training and the fieldwork.
- Participants will also be compensated for their days of fieldwork.
- A CV
- A short cover letter (1 page and a half max.) highlighting their skills and interest for this specific project