2023 Google Software Engineering, Site Reliability Engineering Internship for Ghanaians
Deadline: November 11, 2022.
Google offer a range of internships in either Software Engineering or Site-Reliability Engineering across EMEA. Durations and start dates will vary according to project and location.
As a Software Engineering or Site Reliability Intern, you‘ll work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs. You will design, test, deploy, and maintain software solutions as you, and the business, grow, and evolve during your internship.
They drive reliability and performance across a massive scale. You will work on software development projects to keep important business generating systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of services, from monitoring and alerts to building automation infrastructure.
Participation in the internship program requires that you are located in the specific country location identified for this role for the duration of the internship program.
Google is an engineering company at heart. They hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.They
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms from university, an internship, open source hobby coding, or other practical experience.
- Experience coding in one of the following programming languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.).
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Internship or work experience (e.g., research assistant, teaching assistant, personal projects, etc) with programming in either: C++, Java, Python, or Go.
- Experience with one or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Research, conceive, and develop software applications to extend and improve on Google’s product offering.
- Contribute to a wide variety of projects using natural language processing, artificial intelligence, data compression, machine learning, and search technologies.
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to data and information.
- Utilize exposure to large-scale production software troubleshooting.
- Help maintain mission critical services.