2023 Goethe Talents Scholarship for Young Musicians (Fully Funded to Berlin)
Deadline: April 3, 2023.
Are you a young musician between 20-30 years old, from the Global South, North Africa or West- and Central- Asia?
The Goethe Talents Scholarship is a 12-day programme to support and connect young, aspiring musical artists including singer-songwriters and composers. The scholarship is a cooperation between the Goethe-Institut and »Pop-Kultur« and will be taking place for the eighth time in 2023.
- The scholarship is directed at musicians between ~20 and ~30 years of age who have already gained some experience in the field of music and have a solid grasp of the English language
- The programme is particularly focused on talents from the Global South, the Middle East and (Central) Asia.
- The programme offers a variety of activities to experience the “music city” Berlin before the actual Festival:
- Studio visits, intensive jam-sessions, short traineeships in selected companies from Berlin’s creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of the Musicboard Berlin GmbH, as well as many other activities.
- Highlights of the promotion and exchange programme are the participation in »Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs«, the official talent programme of the festival, intensive Studio collaborations of all Goethe Talents 2023 participants and of course experiencing the full programme of »Pop-Kultur« Live.