2023 Global Health Corps U.S. Fellowship
Deadline: March 24, 2023.
The U.S. is home to widening health inequities. Those most impacted by these inequities — including women, people of color, and those with lived experiences of navigating health inequities — are least represented at top levels of public health leadership.
The U.S. Fellowship builds on the foundation of GHC’s existing partnerships and 500+ U.S.-based alumni. It will equip participants with skill building, coaching, mentorship, integration into a global community, and access to networks and opportunities to deepen their impact and influence on U.S. health systems.
All fellows will participate in:
- Monthly virtual workshops (3 hours/workshop)
- Monthly small group learning (1-2 hours/month)
- 360° assessment
- Executive coaching (6 sessions)
- GHC staff coaching and support
- 2 in-person convenings (3-4 days/convening)
- Asynchronous resources – regular preparation will be required through reading, writing and reflection in advance of the activities above
- $1,000 fellowship grant for continued learning and leadership development
- Integration into GHC’s lifelong global network spanning 40+ countries
- Applicant currently between the ages of 21 – 30 years old
- identify with communities underrepresented in U.S. public health leadership, specifically Black, Hispanic, Indigenous, and other leaders of color.
- Applicants who work in understaffed, critical areas of the U.S. health system, including: government, community based-health, health IT, data informatics and analytics, environmental health, behavioral health, and health communications.
- There are no specific education or training requirements to be eligible for participation.
- Deepen your self-awareness. You will develop a clearer sense of your unique leadership strengths and weaknesses, and an informed understanding of how you’re perceived by others. You’ll articulate their personal values, explore their role in advancing health equity, and develop a vision for their growth as a leader.
- Improve your capacity for learning. You will explore barriers to and opportunities for learning about yourselves and your work. You’ll develop a personal learning agenda, interrogate personal mindsets and explore new strategies for learning.
- Extend and leverage your networks. You will adopt practices to extend your network in strategic ways. You’ll do a personal stakeholder analysis to consider the relationships you want to develop to increase your learning, extend your influence, and get the support and critical insights you need to advance your leadership. You’ll integrate into GHC’s global community of 1,200+ alumni and advisors.
- Improve your understanding of how change happens in a system. You will explore frameworks and tools that help you to better understand and analyze the systems you work and live in. You’ll develop an understanding of how change happens and strategies you can use to leverage systems change.
- Increase your efficacy. You will gain confidence in practicing your leadership and achieving positive results in your workplace and community. You’ll be able to apply the knowledge and insights you develop through immersion in GHC’s leadership framework and leverage the relationships you develop through GHC’s community of alumni and advisors.