2023 FATE Foundation/ Google.org Business Resilience Programme (BRP) for Women Entrepreneurs in Nigeria
Deadline: July 21, 2023.
FATE Foundation with support from Google.org has launched the Business Resilience Programme (BRP) for Women Entrepreneurs for 2023. This program is funded under the Google.org “SSA Women Entrepreneurship Programme’’ and is part of a continent-wide program running across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa aimed at improving the digital and financial capability of female nano and micro business entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 55 years.
The program will provide beneficiaries with required fundamental financial literacy and business management knowledge; digital literacy skills; growth support (including business registration, network, and community building); and micro-grant financing to underserved female-led businesses in Nigeria.
Specifically, the BRP will support female entrepreneurs with businesses at the nano and micro levels in two phases:
– Self paced fully online 4 week program
– Access to Business Plan Developer Tool
– Hybrid program led by experienced financial and digital literacy for entrepreneurs experts
– Business Registration Support
– Micro Grant support
Eligibility for Phase II will be dependent on completion of all Modules and requirements from Phase I.
- A woman between the age of 18-55years
- Running a nano or micro business.
- Having a minimum of secondary school qualification with the ability to understand and communicate in English language
- Have access to the Internet through a smartphone (at least) with a basic understanding of how to use the device.
- Special consideration will be given to women who are breadwinners, widows, and single parents.
– Micro Grant financing to 200 participants
– Free Business Registration for 200 participants
– Free access to Foundation’s Business Plan Developer Tool
– Certificate of Completion
– Opportunity to be featured on FATE Foundation’s or the partners Social Media pages
The application will be in three (3) stages, and you are required to complete all three stages to be eligible for further processing.
Interested applicants must complete the application form here.
You will be onboarded onto our e-learn platform to complete the 4weeks virtual digital and financial literacy training session. This session is open to beneficiaries across the nation.
Candidates with timely completion of modules and graded points will be shortlisted for a 10-minute phone/video interview after which 40 applicants will be shortlisted for each stream held in Lagos, Ogun, Edo, Kwara and Abia state.