2023 Falling Walls Science Summit Journalists Fellowship (Funded to Berlin)
Deadline: September 1, 2023.
The Falling Walls Foundation is offering a journalist fellowship grant to support international media representatives in reporting on the topics of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023. Selected journalists will be invited to Berlin to meet international speakers and participants at the Falling Walls Science Summit on 7-9 November 2023.
The Falling Walls Foundation calls for applications from journalists outlining their chosen topic relating to the interdisciplinary programme of the Falling Walls Science Summit 2023. Successful applicants will be invited to join an exchange with renowned partner organisations and speakers at the Summit. Reporting can take place before, during or after the Falling Walls Science Summit (7–9 November 2023). The fellowship grant aims to contribute to the promotion of independent science journalism and to further strengthen the international public perception of Berlin as a location for scientific excellence.
- Applications are open to international and German media representatives with a proven track of journalist record (freelance or staff).
- Applicants are expected to research and publish on a chosen topic related to the Falling Walls Science Summit.
- There are no restrictions on specific media areas or the form of publication.
- The provided fellowship grant includes accommodation and Science Summit ticket expenses, excluding any further reimbursement by the Falling Walls Foundation.
- The Falling Walls Foundation will arrange the accommodation and can act as an inviting party for visa purposes.
- As travel to Berlin is required, the participants are to take over the travel costs.
- Cover letter and short exposé/research plan (1 – 1,5 pages) on your preferred topic, including planned publication date and media contact. Please note: the subject of your reporting must be based on one of the Summit topics. See the full list of topics below.
- Short CV of your journalistic career including journalism grants, awards, etc.
- Max. three examples of your journalistic work within a field of science
Please send your application documents in one PDF to [email protected]