2023 Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards
Deadline: October 15, 2023.
The Commonwealth Secretary-General’s Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards aim to recognise and celebrate the contribution that innovators in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors are making to advancing sustainable development in Commonwealth countries in any of the areas defined in the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
Three awards will be given in each of the following five categories:
Improve the well-being of Commonwealth PEOPLE
Improve PROSPERITY in the Commonwealth
Protect the PLANET and the natural environment in the Commonwealth
Promote PEACE and justice in the Commonwealth
Promote PARTNERSHIPS for development in the Commonwealth
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR NOMINEES
- Nominees can be individuals, organisations, companies, charities or government ministries / departments / agencies.
- Nominees must be directly engaged in developing their innovations, either in a full-time, part-time or voluntary capacity.
- Nominees must be Commonwealth citizens, governments or public sector organisations in Commonwealth countries, private enterprises based in Commonwealth countries or civil society / not-for-profit organisations based in Commonwealth countries.
- Nominated innovations must be able to demonstrate impact or potential in achieving progress on one or more of the 17 SDGs in a Commonwealth country (or countries).
- Award winners must agree to take part in Commonwealth-supported activities and initiatives related to the Commonwealth Innovation for Sustainable Development Awards.
- There will be three award winners in each of the five categories, adding up to a total of 15 winners. In each of the five categories, one winner will be selected from the public sector (national/regional/local government), one winner from will be from civil society / not-for-profit sector and one winner will be an entrepreneur or a private sector company.
- The award winners will be selected on the basis of an objective set of criteria by an independent jury composed of eminent people from different walks of life.
- Each award winner will receive a trophy, a certificate and prize money of £3,000.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK