2023 ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition
Deadline: May 18, 2023.
The competition is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
They work with eight themes chosen in consultation with EIT Climate-KIC. These represent a selection of the most pressing and relevant focus areas of our time in our fight against climate change.
This ensures that ideas are judged equally against their peers by industry experts, ensuring that the best of the best rise to the top.
The selected themes for this year:
- Adaptation & Resilience
- Blue Economy
- Circular Economies
- Clean Energy
- Food Systems
- Sustainable Mobility
- Urban Solutions
- The Next Big Thing
Let us challenge you, join the competition. But before you do, they just want to make sure that you:
- have not yet started a business or you started it less than one year ago;
- have no substantial revenue;
- you have attracted no more than € 200,000 in investment;
- you have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
- To enter the competition submit your idea or innovation with environmental impact.
- They’ll help you fast track that idea into a business and bypass all possible pitfalls along the way.
- You’ll learn how to get your idea funded and launched.
- Once you are selected to join ClimateLaunchpad, the Boot Camp and coaching sessions will help you develop your idea to a rock-solid plan. You will pitch this during your National Final and the Regional Finals.
- All entries will be reviewed and ideas that fit the bill of their competition get invited to join.
Once you’re accepted to join the competition, the games begin:
Step 0: Mini-course
After your application teams are automatically invited first for participation in a CLP Mini-course to help National Leads to make a better selection or to prepare you for the Boot Camp.
Step 1: Boot Camp
The top teams chosen by our National Leads take part in the ClimateLaunchpad National programme which kicks off with a multi-day digital Boot Camp. Our trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.
Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals
The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch digitally for a National Jury.
Step 3: Regional Finals
The top teams of each country go to the Regional Finals where they pitch in front of the region’s best and brightest.
The big prize? A bunch of new acquired skills & knowledge and networking opportunities to get your business thriving. And of course infinite glory.