2023 Carrington Fellowship Program for Young Nigerians
Deadline: March 4, 2023.
The Carrington Fellowship program is a community-based one-year-long professional development program for entry to mid-level professionals. Fellows develop core leadership, communication and programs management skills, improve their network, and get mentored.
The Fellowship is an unparalleled opportunity to:
- Participate in a year-long professional development program
- Strengthen your work through new connections, skills and ideas.
- Get mentored by experienced Nigerians and Americans
- Join the U.S. Consulate General network in Nigeria.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, religion, socioeconomic status, or disability. The Carrington Fellowship program is open to all Nigerians who meet the following criteria:
- Are between the ages of 21 and 35 on or before the application deadline
- Are Nigerians who reside in Osun, Ondo, and Ekiti States
- Are proficient in reading, writing, and speaking English
- Are not alumni of the Carrington Fellowship
- Are available to participate in the one-year-long program.Deadline
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of leadership in your community
- A demonstrated commitment to public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and to respect the opinions of others
- Strong social and communication skills
- An energetic, positive attitude